Friday, June 28, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday - I just love BOOKS!

Happy Friday everyone! Its Feature and Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee. Check them out to see how to participate! This week's topic is:

Q: What is your preferred reading format? Hardcover, eBooks, paperback, etc?


This is a pretty great question. I generally prefer paperbacks, (1) because I prefer the feel of a book in my hand and (2) I prefer them over hardcovers because I can fit multiple books in my purse more easily when they are smaller. I do like buying hardcovers though. it think they are prettier and look nicer on my shelf.



However, I have taken to reading on my kindle as well. (Dont worry I didnt buy this kindle. I know you're thinking why would I buy one if I previously didnt use it. I got it through a special promotion at my bank - I know. Weird) I've read two books so far on it and I'm reading two more now. I mainly use it to buy books that I'm unsure of or know that I wont get through if I have to hold the gigantic thing in my hand and be intimidated by it (e.g. A Game of Thrones). It has actually become quite convenient for me because I dont have to wait until I get home to pick something up and read. I can read at work in my down time, I can read at my mom's house when my niece is ignoring me (8 month old babies can be extremely snobby!), I can read when my arms are too tired to hold up a book.

The fact still remains though, I will never fully convert to the kindle. Apparently most other people dont either. According to the image above, only about 15% of people who buy e-readers actually stop buying print books all together. I like having my books in my hand in all their beautiful wondrous glory, regardless.

How about you!? Do you like paperbacks, hardcovers or e-books? Or do you like something else entirely that I dont know exists!?

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.