Friday, June 14, 2013

Feature and Follow - Create-a-poem

Happy Fridayyy! How was your week? Mine was hell, with Sean in the hospital since Sunday, but never fear - he is doing better, and hopefully coming home tomorrow :) Hope your week was much better than mine!

This week's Feature and Follow is different. Its not just a discussion question. It's:

Activity: Spine Poetry. Create a line of poetry with your book spines (take a picture). Not feeling creative? Tell us about your favorite poem.

Now unfortunately, though I am feeling rather creative, with the crazy week I've had, there was no time to work on this beforehand, and I'm at work with no access to my books. So I guess I will go with the favorite poem aspect:

I CARRY YOUR HEART WITH ME
                                     By E.E. Cummings
 
i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
                                                      i fear
no fate(for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
 
 
I just love this poem. And you know, its not for any of its likely hidden meanings and what not, because poems never just mean one thing. Its just beautiful and sweet and its how I feel about my fiance, and I want it read at my wedding. Sappy? Yes. But I still love it. There are a couple of other poems that I really love by Jill Scott, and I have her first book, with all my faves book marked, but of course I dont remember them or have the book. So, if you're into poetry, look up Jill Scott - she is awesome! Her music is great too :)
 
I'd love to see your creativity if you got to create a spine poem. If not - what's your favorite poem!?
 
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.