Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Travel Books


Happy Tuesday! I start my five-day vacation tomorrow, so this really is a happy Tuesday! :)

Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome list-making feature that certainly appeals to my type-A personality. Who doesnt love lists!? Its hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Visit them to find out how to participate! This week's top ten:

Top Ten  Five Books Featuring Travel In Some Way (road trips, airplanes, travelogues, anything where there is traveling in the book!)


 
 
1. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - uh.. TIME TRAVEL! The best kind of travel, duh.... except when you cant control when and where you go. Then you end up with a tragic love story that leaves me crying my ugly cry at the movie theatre.
 
2. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - They do all sorts of travel in this series - travel by the Hogwarts Express, bewitched Ford Anglia, broomstick, Apparation, Port Keys, Floo Powder - you name it, they had it!
 
3. Across the Universe by Beth Revis - Intergalactic Space Travel! One of my favorite series made this method of travel one of my favorites!
 
4. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares - The pants travel. And so do three out of the four main characters. This book is what made me want to go to Greece.
 
5. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - This book is centered around traveling to different countries, learning new things about the world and yourself. LOVE this book!
 
There are so many other wildly popular books that have a focus on travel.... unfortunately I just havent read them yet. What are your favorite travel books?
 
A.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.