Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Just Beachy

 
Happy Tuesday, once again! My life has been tumultuous and messy these past few days. My fiancé has been in the hospital with multiple blood clots caused by a minor surgery he had a few weeks ago. Its been super scary, but now he is on the mend and doing much better and I'm able to focus on things other than sitting around and being a nervous wreck and harassing the nurses. So what better to get back in the swing of things than with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!? This week's topic:
 
TOP TEN FIVE BEST BEACH READS!
 
This one was a toughie for me because I don't read on the beach very often. I don't get sun-burned very easily and sometimes I tan too easily (I know some of you are wondering how that could be a problem, haha!?) but it would be my luck that I'd fall asleep with the book splayed over my chest like this guy down here and have a book tan line.... actually that sounds pretty cool, now that I think about it! :)
 
 
Also, everyone has very different definitions of what a beach read is, which makes this topic even cooler. I've seen interpretations of this topic today that I would never have thought of! Great job, fellow bloggers, on your creativity! :)
 
My definition of a beach read is something that reminds you of summer or the beach or the water, or a memory you have of a summer, or something you like to read on your summers off (if you're a student or a teacher, or get to take time off in the summer)...



Lord of the Flies by William Golding- Set on a beach. Well a really scary island without any grown-ups, but this one definitely made me think of the beach, just not in the most fun way... :/

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares - This one has summer written all over it. Only one of that characters in the first installment actually visits the beach, I think, but it is all about summer and traveling, etc.

Three Sister's Island Trilogy by Nora Roberts - This one is set on an island on the east coast. Not always warm but definitely has beaches! :) And its a romance trilogy. I don't necessarily love the idea of a gigantic epic read while on the beach (unless it is HP haha). Summer is supposed to be light and fun, especially when you're lying around on the beach, so why not have your books that way too?

Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - Don't you guys even say anything! One - HP must be on every list ever :) Two - this doesn't remind me of summer or beaches, its just that I decided recently to re-read the series this summer, so if I make it to a beach this year, I'll definitely be reading this one while lounging around on it.

Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan- Again, not necessarily beachy or summery, but Percy is the son of Poseidon, the sea god, so we see lots of ocean and water action throughout this series, which I love.

What are your favorite beach reads?! Please give me some recommendations for the summer! :)

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.