Friday, June 7, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday - It's Not Me... It's Definitely You

Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly feature hosted by Parajunkee. Visit her site to find out how to participate!
 
New followers, please consider following via Bloglovin' or Twitter (or both!) rather than GFC due to the rumors about it's discontinuance. Let me know you're following and how, and I'll come pay you a visit! :)
 
This week's question is:
 
Q: Have you broken up with a series? If so which one and why?
 
Oh goodness, yes. I think I've broken up with many, many series. Some that I still love but just cant get back into, some that I never loved but read just because I'm like that and cant seem to say no to a series. Here are some of my most notable series break ups:
 
 

 
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - Probably the most notable break-up of my existence. I loved this series, I actually still do feel fondness for it. I read it twice, went to all the midnight premieres of all five movies. Then I started branching out and reading much more and realized that Twilight is not the cream of the crop. So... I had to end things. I don't think I'll be revisiting that series for a long time.
 
The Virgin River Series by Robyn Carr - This one is also quite notable. I loved this series, and again, am still fond of it and would even recommend the first few to fellow romance lovers. However, this series has something like 20 books in it, and somewhere around book 10, it started getting old and monotonous, etc. Carr has since begun a new spin-off series... hopefully this one is a little less predictable.
 
Eragon by Christopher Paolini - This happens to the one book that I did not like that I vowed to never pick up again. This wasn't a bad book, don't get me wrong, it just so happened to be a big mash up of all my faves (HP, LotR, etc.) and that wasn't quite my thing. I bought the second book because I don't like to leave things open and tend to read books I hate for this very reason, but I see myself donating this book to the library very soon. So I can honestly say... Eragon, Its not me. Its YOU!
 
Have any of you broken up with a series? Which ones!?
 
Oh and how many of you are super excited for next week's activity in place of a question!? I love the little variation and opportunity for creativity! :)
 
Leave a comment if you follow, and I'll follow back :)
 
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.