Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Intimidating Books

Happy Tuesday! This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is:

Top Ten Five Most Intimidating Books (might be intimated by size, content, that everyone else loves it but you are sure you won't etc)

My list is as follows:

1.     A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin - I know this is cheating, but I'm already reading A Game of Thrones, and I'm not so much intimidated by the book alone as I am of all 7 (5 released, 2 to come, several with 1000+ pages) books as a whole. I am loving A Game of Thrones right now, but what if I cant get through the rest? I don't want to miss out on a series like this. Ugh...

2.     Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkein - I am just super afraid to read this and hate it. Its one of the most epic series ever, and leave it to me to be the one who's not into it. I'm afraid it will all be lost on me.

3.     Inferno by Dante Alighieri - I'm so intrigued by this book and I want to read it but.... its Dante's Inferno. I am terrified to pick up this book and not be "educated" enough to get it

4.     Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov - another book I'm wildly intrigued by, but its a very sick topic and I'm afraid I'll start puking or crying or throwing things while reading it.

5. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling - Its not the size of this book nor do I think I am not smart enough for this book. I am terrified that I will dislike it and that it change my opinion of my favorite author of all time. I know that authors dont write only masterpieces, and even if they write something I dont like, I tend to like them for what they did right anyway, but she is my hero. Its sitting on my shelf but I'm severely nervous that I will hate this and my hero worship of the queen with end or be altered in some way... (this probably isnt healthy, haha).

How about you guys? What books really intimidate you? If they intimidate you, they will probably not even make my maybe-might-read-one-day list, haha.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.