Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Movie Adaptations

OK! Time for this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic:

Top Ten Best/Worst Book-to-Movie Adaptations!

BEST

10.   Bridge to Terebithia - Actually this one was just OK. On one hand, I loved seeing this one come to life. On the other hand, it wasnt amazing for me, but I still enjoyed it.

9.   Breaking Dawn, Part 2 - I actually thought this adaptation was pretty darn good (especially compared to the others) and super clever. I LOVED the fight scene, and I was among the rest of them who were screaming at the screen at the midnight premiere trying to figure out what the hell was going on, only to find out I've been duped (thank God). Well played, Breaking Dawn, well played.

8.    Tuck Everlasting - I read this book back in the 6th grade and  fell in love... and then there was a movie?! Oh I was in heaven. I think I watched this movie every day for a month at least. Yes, there were some changes, but  I adored that movie. One of my favorite movies of all time actually.

7.   The Hunger Games - again, some changes? Yes. But I loved it. I thought it was wonderfully made  and even with the changes, reflected the message from the books.

6.   Holes - LOVED the book, ADORED the movie. Both so cute. There are always changes when adapting books to movies but I thought this was one wonderfully done and I love re-reading and re-watching this one over and over.

5.   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Oh, you know a list is not complete without HP. I loved this final movie. I thought that every movie in this series truly did have its issues, but I remember sitting in the theater at the midnight premiere and everyone crying before anything has even freaking happened because it was basically the end of our childhood. Not only were there no more books, but we would never go see another HP movie premiere either. Not to mention the chills I got when the battle at Hogwarts went down. That scene where the creepy music is playing and the camera pans over Hogwarts as a whole and you see the whole thing happening... ugh. It still hurts thinking about it. Another one of my favorite movies of all time.

BAD

4.   Eat, Pray, Love - I LOVED the book and I was hoping to love the movie, and it wasnt all bad but I felt like it focused too much on the love story and not the journey that she Elizabeth took to find herself.

3. Twilight - Yes, I did just say I liked the Breaking Dawn part 2 movie. Twilight was just awful though. I dont think there is much more I can say about that.

2.   Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief - the PJ series definitely makes my top 5 list of favorite series ever. I was super excited when this movie was coming out, and super disappointed after seeing it. Just not my cup of tea. Hopefully the next one will be better.

1.  Beautiful Creatures - I just watched this one last week and I am still cringing thinking about how much I hated it. It was so ridiculously far off of the book and they changed things that didnt need changing. HATED IT. I'm used to movies changing things. We all should be, as book bloggers who probably read tons of books made into movies. That doesnt bother me. Hell, I wouldve liked Twilight if it was better quality. So for me to say I hated this movie says it all. YUCK.

What movies are on your best/worst adaptations list?

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.