Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ultimate Book Tag

Found this little baby on In Love With Words, and thought it would be fun to try. I tag all of you go do it too! Leave your links in the comments section, I cant wait to see what your answers are!


Questions:
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Oh God, yes, and it's awful. A boring car ride and all I'd like to do is kick back and read a good book. But noooo. Five minutes in and I'm nauseas and ready for a nap.

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Nora Roberts - always has been and always will be. She could re-write the telephone book and I'd read it. Her imagery and detail is unmatched in my opinion, along with her humor and knack for leading several stories at once in one novel.


3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.Harry Potter, hands down. I am a fan of Twilight, but (1) Harry Potter is something that has followed me through childhood - I loved it them and I love it now, (2) the characters in HP are strong, adventurous and noble, not depressed, mopey and vulnerable (Bella just isnt my cup of tea), (3) and Rowling creates another WORLD to be a part of, another LIFE with all new friends, places to visit, evil to fight. I mean reallyyy. Its Harry Potter for God sakes.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books...)?
Umm... well I'm not in school anymore, but when I was in highschool I did. With the obvious notebooks, pens, pencils, textbooks. College I had a bag but no bookbag, and in my purse besides my wallet and cell phone, you'll find the book I'm currently reading and occasionally a notebook if I feel like writing.


5. Do you smell your books?
Lol, sometimes. Not all that often, unless I inadvertently get a wiff and notice how pleasant it smells.

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Well, I can do without the illustrations unless it is a map or a family tree. Otherwise, I can honestly say I hardly pay attention to them.


7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Well I agree with the question actually to an extent. I read HP a long long time ago, and read Twilight more recently. I was blown away by Twilight, then decided to read HP again after many years and wondered why I even bothered with Twilight.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
No, I unfortunately dont... or I cant remember any, haha.


9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Lord of the Flies by William Golding


10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Definitely Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I love writing, and one of my biggest dreams is being a published author. Not necessarily like JK Rowling living just off of my writing. But published, with readers and fans and the whole 9 yards. I have never completed anything to send to a publisher though. One day I will.

12. When did you get into reading?
I always loved reading as a child and my favorite place to go was the bookstore. In high school it wasnt as cool to read so I didnt read much at all. It was right after I graduated and moved to Pennsylvania, around age 18 that my obsession came back full-force and hasnt stopped since. :)


13. What is your favorite classic book?
Is it sad that I've only read a few, and the only one that sticks with me is Jane Eyre which I honestly didnt love? Ugh, I feel like a failure in the classic books department.

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Haha yes it was. I didnt always get straight A's because I did get a bit lazy in high school but I always did very well and enjoyed my English classes more than any others.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated...what would you do?

Pray to God there was a gift receipt...

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?There are no books like Harry Potter. I'm sorry. I've been searching high and low for something similar that I can get into and the closest thing that I've liked even half as much was the Percy Jackson series and the spin off series, which mind you, I love very much. As for Hunger Games,  I dont think anything is too similar to that either. Most dystopian YA books have a similar society and an uprising, but nothing crazy like the Games themselves included.

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Post without proofreading. Bad, bad, bad!

18. What is your favorite word?
Ah... I dont know what I have one. Is that weird coming from someone who loves reading and writing so much? I really just dont, haha.

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Most definitely a Nerd. Hence - Nerd is the Word. :))

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Eh, well I'm more comfortable with vampires with all the books coming out over the last few years with them. Fairies... not so much. Unless you mean fairies like in Nora Robert's Irish books, which really just means ghosts, which I can deal with.

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Uh, well I liked the angels or part angels or whatever in the Mortal Instruments series, so.... why dont we go with that!

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Definitely werewolves. Way cooler!

23. Zombies or Vampires?
Ugh please no zombies. They are so played out already. Not that vampires arent but with the formerly-impending zombie apocalypse, I've had enough.

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
Forbidden love. I dont like it too much when one person strings two along, even inadvertently.


25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Once upon a time I would have preferred full on romance to anything else, but I have since grown and evolved and would prefer something with an alternate storyline with some romance in it.


Cant wait to see your answers!

Manda C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.