Monday, January 7, 2013

See.. I told you!

Haha, here I am two+ months later, and I’ve yet to review anything.

I have a confession… I’ve barely been reading. Not for lack of trying anyway, but for lack of time and because I’ve been draaaggginnnggg through the Hobbit for the last MONTH!

I couldnt take it, honestly. It wasnt a bad book at all. Actually, when I started reading it, I flew through the first half. Then it started to slow down, and I started ordering books with my birthday and Christmas money and I had all these new books begging to be read and that can really get distracting and…
Well you get the point. Really though, I’m not going to do a review on the Hobbit because I struggled so much getting through the second half and when I finally finished it I felt a huge weight lift from my shoulders, and I really dont want to go back into that right now. I’m postponing the plans I had to read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy because as many wonderful things as I’ve heard about it, if they are like the Hobbit, I will need A LOT of time and patience and dedication to get through THREE of them. Ugh.

However, I did hear marvelous things about the movie and I have plans to see it soon. I never like to see movies before I read the book, no matter what it is, so now that I’m done, I may go. I’ll let you know!

I havent yet figured out what to read next. My next confession is that I have way too many books to read. I just keep buying and buying faster than I can read them. I need help, I know. But you can see how hard it would going to be for me to pick ONE to read right now. I’m torn between Fever by Lauren DeStefano, The Last Hope by Nora Roberts, or picking up the Giver by Lois Lowry again to read the entire series ending with her bran new book, Son, which is the one I’m totally pumped about. However, I’m not quite ready to go into a four book series, so I think I’m going to go with a different one for now until I get out of this reading funk I’ve got going.

I did make a New Year’s resolution to blog more. I know that that is probably a bad idea. I mean who keeps New Year’s resolutions? I hardly ever do. But it’s 2013, a new year, and new me… maybe? I hope.

What is your New Year's resolution? Anything to do with books or blogging?

Happy Reading!

Manda C

*This post was previously published on 1/7/13 then moved to this new blog site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.