It's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke & The Bookish!
This week's topic is top ten reading goals/bookish resolutions for 2013!
Funny, my some of my goals are the same or very similar to Paula's and a few other's I've seen who are linked on her page. Well here are my top 10 bookish goals:
- Read 100 books this year;
- Read three (3) books at a time from my shelf before I buy more - in other words, one purchase (not one book) per three books read. (Paula has five and that is ambitious but it hurts me to commit to that);
- Read at least five (5) classics this year;
- Read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in its entirety.
- Review every book I read this year (oh, God that one is going to be rough);
- Read at least five (5) books by "new" authors (new to me);
- Read two (2) non-fiction books;
- Finish all of the books that are currently TBR on my book shelf by the end of the year, so that all of the books on my shelf next year are TBR from this year,haha;
- Finish up all series that I'm in the middle of, at least up to the latest release, if the final book hasnt been released yet;
- AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Give away/sell some of the books I know I wont read again (not including Jodi Picoult or Nora Roberts books. I just cant do it).
I like the idea of having book related goals this year. I didnt really make a New Year's Resolution until I decided to make a blogging related one, and that was to get back on the blogging bandwagon in general. The only non-book/blog related resolution I made this year was to be more positive. I tend to get bogged down in my every day life with so much going on, and I let myself stray toward the negative. It's rather unfortunate for all parties involved, and I resolve to be more positive, blog a whole lot more, and try really, really hard to complete the ten goals I listed above!
What are your Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013?!
Manda C. :)