Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 2013 Bookish Goals

Hey hey!

It's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke & The Bookish!

This week's topic is top ten reading goals/bookish resolutions for 2013!
Funny, my some of my goals are the same or very similar to Paula's and a few other's I've seen who are linked on her page. Well here are my top 10 bookish goals:

  1. Read 100 books this year;
  2. Read three (3) books at a time from my shelf before I buy more - in other words, one purchase (not one book) per three books read. (Paula has five and that is ambitious but it hurts me to commit to that);
  3. Read at least five (5) classics this year;
  4. Read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in its entirety.
  5. Review every book I read this year (oh, God that one is going to be rough);
  6. Read at least five (5) books by "new" authors (new to me);
  7. Read two (2) non-fiction books;
  8. Finish all of the books that are currently TBR on my book shelf by the end of the year, so that all of the books on my shelf next year are TBR from this year,haha;
  9. Finish up all series that I'm in the middle of, at least up to the latest release, if the final book hasnt been released yet;
  10. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Give away/sell some of the books I know I wont read again (not including Jodi Picoult or Nora Roberts books. I just cant do it).
Whew. Making commitments like that has me sweating over here. Okay, it helps to call them goals, not promises or commitments or resolutions. Just goals.

I like the idea of having book related goals this year. I didnt really make a New Year's Resolution until I decided to make a blogging related one, and that was to get back on the blogging bandwagon in general. The only non-book/blog related resolution I made this year was to be more positive. I tend to get bogged down in my every day life with so much going on, and I let myself stray toward the negative. It's rather unfortunate for all parties involved, and I resolve to be more positive, blog a whole lot more, and try really, really hard to complete the ten goals I listed above!

What are your Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013?!

Happy Reading
Manda C. :)

12 comments:

  1. Ill be rereading The Lord of the Rings as well as doing a first read of The Hobbit. Enjoyed reading your goals. Don't worry about those commitments.

    My TTT goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt absolutely love the Hobbit, I kind of dragged through it, but I'm hoping LotR is as good as they say! Thanks for stopping by!

      Manda C.

      Delete
  2. Great gosl, some of these should apply to myself as well, especially no. 2. :D
    I also need to read LoTR and finish the series I started before. I hate leaving things undone unless the books are really bad.
    I really dislike non-fiction so I'm not promising to read those, too boring.

    I hope you get to fulfill these! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our goals are pretty similar this year! Good luck to you!!

    Shannon @ Rex Robot Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got some pretty good goals there. I like the idea of reading three books you own before buying a new one. I might have to implement this into my life.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha so we both have LotR! if u get around to it before me, let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't normally make New Years Resolutions, either, but I was kind of excited to make book/blogging ones! I'm quite inspired.

    Good luck on your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your plan for #2. I've read a number of great ideas and approaches to capping down the to-read pile while still being able to enjoy the occasional bookish purchase xD

    I hope you enjoy LOTR! It's one of my favourite books ever <3

    I'm sort of mid-process for #10...difficult but I need the space ;_;

    Best of luck with your goals this 2013, it'll be an awesome one! Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier today =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like #2 -- I thought about something similar, but couldn't decide on how many was the right number, LOL

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man LotR is a BIG challenge. I wish you so much luck with that goal and all the rest!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. whew ! read 100 books! those are some big goals! good luck girl ! * new follower by the way* good luck on your goals and thanks so much for stopping by and checking out our TTT list. its always great to meet new bloggers ! - Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.