Friday, September 20, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday - Are You My Mother?

Happy Friday! This week's F&F Friday (hosted by Parajunkee) is:

What were some of your favorite picture books as a kid? If you have kids, what are your favorites to read to them?

I had a lot of favorites as a kid. Are You My Mother? is one that I hold dear to my heart. My grandmother doesnt speak much English and would sometimes read my books, including this one. My dad, aunts and uncles would always jokingly ask her in English "Are you my mother?" I even went to see the traveling show (which is just a small theatre company that puts on the show) last year with my 9-year-old brother.


I also loved Dr. Seuss. Everyone loved Cat in the Hat, of course, as did I. But I remember a particular fondness for One Fish, Two Fish.. I was a weird kid, what can I say, haha.


However, when I think of my favorite kid's book ever, it would be this one:


Love You Forever is for sure my favorite, and my mom absolutely loves it too. In fact, whenever I look at the cover and replay the short story in my head, I get teary eyed. If you've never read it, and a children's book has never made you cry, pick this one up. I blubber like a fool every time I read it. I want to buy a copy for my niece for her birthday in a couple of weeks, and for my children when I have them. Its such a precious story, all parents will love it as well as their kids! Am I gushing? I could be the poster child for this book. I think I need to go dig out my old copy.....

So what children's books did you grow up on? Do they have a special place in your heart like mine do? Leave a comment below and let me know how you followed and I'll pay you a visit too!

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.