Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books that Bring on the Waterworks

Happy Tuesday! It's been a while since I've participated in Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is:

Top Ten books that will make you cry

10. 
The Color Purple by Alice Walker - Need I elaborate?

9. 
The Host by Stephenie Meyer - Some parts in this book had me crying like a baby.

8. 
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt - I love this book. It's one of the first ones I read as a kid and it gets me every time. And the movie? Don't get me started.

7. 
Anything by Jodi Picoult. I have literally cried over every book by her that I've ever read. And sometimes been enraged or overjoyed. I can't think of a time when a book by her hasn't left me emotionally unstable for a day or two... sigh..

6. 
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson - another one that I read early on. Actually, this is the first book I can ever remember making me cry. Group reading in 6th grade and I was the one weeping discreetly in the corner. Ugh, I was a sap, even then.

5. 
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - it definitely wasn't my favorite book of all time but I dont think I need to explain. Some people said it didn't make them cry at all. To those people: you have no soul (kidding not kidding).


4.

Harry Potter Books 4-7 by J.K. Rowling. I cried at the end of every one of these books. You know why.

3. 
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - Again, need I elaborate?

2. 
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - I had to read the last chapter several times just to be sure it was real. I cried and cried and cried. I've never felt so broken by a book that made me smile as much as it made me cry. 


1. 
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - Seriously, guys, I don't think I've ever cried as hard over a book as I did this one. Like, if you want your heart broken beyond repair, read this book. It's amazing.


So, some people don't like books that destroy them. I, however, do. I generally grant an extra half to a whole star for books that get me that emotional. To me, it says something about the writing, the story, and the way the author made me connect with it as a whole.

Do you like to read books that make you cry? Which ones made you cry the most?
Leave a link to your posts so I can come visit!

A.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.