8. R.L. Bartram - a self published author that I recently had the opportunity to review his book, Dance the Moon Down, and.. I loved it! I love his style and I know I'll be reading his next book when he publishes it!
7. Khaled Hosseini - I read A Thousand Splendid Suns this year and was absolutely captivated. I fully intend to read all of his other works.
6. Rae Carson - I didn't absolutely adore her Fire and Thorns series, but I did enjoy it a lot and Carson has something special that has the possibility of making me love her writing. I guess we will see on her next series!
5. Crystal Mack - Author of The Pentrals. I loved this book and have had an opportunity to interact with her a little through Twitter and snail mail. She's an awesome person and a great author. Can't wait for the next in the series to be released!
4. Marissa Meyer - Need I explain? Cinder. Scarlet. CRESS... which I haven't been blessed enough to get my hands on yet :( Love Meyer and her writing is amazing. This series is amazing. AMAZING.
3. Stephanie Perkins - I absolutely loved Anna and the French Kiss and loved her sequel, Lola and the Boy Next Door. I can't wait for Isla to be released. I love Stephanie Perkins!! There. I said it.
2. Beth Revis - Across the Universe was hands down one of my favorite series this year. I love her writing style and I am dyyinnggg for her to release something else. Please, I beg of you Beth Revis, release somethinggg.
1. RAINBOW ROWELL - hands down my favorite author of the year. I've only read Eleanor and Park, but as Jamie of The Perpetual Page Turner said... sometimes you have that FEELING. I cannot wait to read Fangirl!
Who are your favorite new-to-you authors this year? Do we have any in common? Can't wait to hear from you!