Sunday, December 29, 2013

Review: Girls in Pants by Ann Brashares

ISBN: 9780553375930
Source: Purchased
Series: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants #3
Release Date: January 1, 2005
Find it on Goodreads
See my reviews on other books in this series

     GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:
The Pants first came to us at the perfect moment. That is, when we were splitting up for the first time. It was two summers ago when they first worked their magic, and last summer when they shook up our lives once again. You see, we don’t wear the Pants year-round. We let them rest so they are extra powerful when summer comes. (There was the time this spring when Carmen wore them to her mom’s wedding, but that was a special case.)
Now we’re facing our last summer together. In September we go to college. And it’s not like one of those TV shows where all of us magically turn up at the same college. We’re going to four different colleges in four different cities (but all within four hours of one another—that was our one rule). We’re headed off to start our real lives.

Tomorrow night at Gilda’s we’ll launch the Pants on their third summer voyage. Tomorrow begins the time of our lives. It’s when we’ll need our Pants the most.
     REVIEW:

I enjoyed this book the most out of the entire series - maybe because I remember a time when I was leaving highschool on the brink of adulthood, wondering where the hell our lives were going to go.. I mean I didn't have four amazing "sisters" and a pair of magical pants, but don't you think we could all relate a little here?

I particularly enjoyed the character development Brashares gives us in this book especially and how well done these stories are. By the third installment, we've grown pretty attached to the girls, the pants and their adventures and it was a great feeling to "watch" them grow up.

I'll keep this short and sweet because, really, by book three, what else can I really say that I haven't already said? The writing is really good, the character development is evident and real. I have really grown to love this series and after I finished this one I picked up books four and five in quick succession because I just had to know what happened.

     RATING: ★★★★ 1/2

This was my favorite book in the series because the girls were slightly more grown up and showed the most development in this book throughout the series so far. I would recommend this book and series to anyone who enjoys young adult contemporary novels. Really, its just awesome!

Have any of you read this book/series? What did you think? Did you fall in love quite like I did? Love hearing from you guys!

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.