Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Armchair BEA Catch-Up on Day 1

Hi all! I am very, very new to the blogging world, so BEA and Armchair BEA were virtually unknown to me up until say.... 5 minutes ago! But I've been wanting to meet some new blogger and get into some great discussions, so I'm going to back track, introduce myself, then my next post will be to participate in today's link-ups!
 
Introduce Yourself:
 
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
 
My name is Amanda. I'm a 23 year old recent college grad. I recently attained my Associate's degree as a paralegal, and am working my first job in my field (where I blog all day long haha). I've been blogging here since the beginning of the year. I used to blog a few years ago, but didn't have the time or the ambition so I sort of fell off the wagon, so to say. But here I am, back again! I originally started blogging as a way to remember what books I read and make my way through a giant TBR list, but I never knew how amazing the book blogging community was. I got back into it because I missed it so much, the creative outlet, the meeting new people, the discussions. I mean, come on. How could YOU stay away?
 
2. Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures. 
 
I hail from Scranton, Pennsylvania. I don't really have any pictures of Scranton, though I'm sure I could find some, but that seems dumb to give you someone else's pictures. However, for fans of the show the Office, Scranton is where that show is set. They even had an Office farewell parade here a few weeks ago with most of the cast including Steve Carrell.
 
3. Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year? If you have not previously participated, what drew you to the event? 
 
I have never participated in Armchair BEA before. I've been looking for a way to meet new bloggers and learn more about the blogosphere and I thought this would be a great opportunity to do so!
 
4. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?
 
I am currently reading Shades of Earth by Beth Revis, a yong adult sci-fi novel that is the third in the Trilogy. I just so happens that the first book in this trilogy, Across the Universe is by far the best book I've read this year.
 
5. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. 
 
This one is probably really boring, and I think I might have mentioned it before but, I have three jobs. Well technically four, but one is during the fall and one is during the summer. Why, you ask? Because I'm a glutton for punishment. No, I'm kidding. Basically it started out as an extra cash thing, then slowly became a "I don't want to leave all of these people I adore." Anyhow, they all drive me crazy now, and I certainly now wish that my fiancé will get a fantastic job and I can be a stay-at-home-blogging mom. But what I'm getting at with this is that, if I can find the time to blog several times a week, sometimes every day, I'd call it dedication, no?
 
 
I'm so excited to participate in Armchair BEA, though I'm still not quite confident that I know how this all works! If anyone has any advice, please let me know! :)
 
A.


1 comment:

  1. It is nice to hear from someone who has been in blogging walked away and then returned. I am currently in the walking away phase. I just feel it has lost the magic or I have lost my purpose. So maybe there is hope that I could return after a short hiatus.
    Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.