Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Really Want to Read but Don't Own Yet

This is gonna be a tough one for me - mainly because I have a serious book buying problem. I have over 60 books physically sitting on my shelves and I still go out and stock up on books on my TBR list just so I can have them. Even when I know I'm not going to read them for months (in some cases, years!)! Basically if I see a book I really want, I find a way to get my hands on it. Surprisingly, right now there aren't a ton of books that I really want that I don't already have. There are a few though:

TOP TEN FIVE BOOKS I REALLY WANT TO READ BUT DON'T OWN YET

1.     Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas - Yes, this is a little bit cheating, but I don't care! I NEEEED this book and some people do have ARCs and I DON'T AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW WAAHHH.

2.     Winter by Marissa Meyer - Okay, this is 100% cheating because I'm pretty sure ARCs have not gone out for this yet. Unfortunately this was pushed back so we could read a story about freaking Queen Levana in the beginning of the year. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for Fairest but I NEED WINTER.

3.     Far From You by Tess Sharpe - This recently made it onto my TBR list and it's probably one of those ones that I will make sure gets into my hands some time very soon. A lot of my trusted blogging pals enjoyed this a lot and that's usually all it takes for me to pick something up that I was already kind of interested in.

4.     The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini - I read A Thousand Splendid Suns last year which I thought was fantastic and have been wanting to read his other books and just haven't gotten around to it.

5.     Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - I'd originally had no interest in this one but after finding out that it isn't actually a horror novel, I became much more interested. I'll definitely be making a trip to the bookstore soon for this one.

What books do you really want to read but don't own yet? I can't wait to see all your lists!!

A.

6 comments:

  1. Well of course you want Heir of Fire and winter. I mean, duhh. Too bad Winter is pushed back until November last year. That's just torture. I have a beautiful paperback copy of Miss Peregrine's Home of Peculiar Children on my shelves but I haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! I'm starting the Throne of Glass series this weekend and cannot wait for Winter! And yes, Miss Peregrine's is not horror at all! I wished that it was but if you are more interested now then check it out, it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children made my list too! Hooray I'm not alone! I also had Throne Of Glass, as I really want to start that series. My sister read and adored Kite Runner, it looks like a great book!

    Check
    out my TTT!


    Katrina @ Chased
    By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairest and Winter! Oh I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeballin' Miss Peregrine's but I just can't get past the cover. It creeps me out, even if it isn't a horror story. maybe if I read it on my kindle it won't be so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Kite Runner is
    excellent! Also looking forward to Winter, but need to read Cress first. I am
    intrigued about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children as it
    keeps coming up - maybe I should take a closer look :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.