Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Really Want to Read but Don't Own Yet

This is gonna be a tough one for me - mainly because I have a serious book buying problem. I have over 60 books physically sitting on my shelves and I still go out and stock up on books on my TBR list just so I can have them. Even when I know I'm not going to read them for months (in some cases, years!)! Basically if I see a book I really want, I find a way to get my hands on it. Surprisingly, right now there aren't a ton of books that I really want that I don't already have. There are a few though:

TOP TEN FIVE BOOKS I REALLY WANT TO READ BUT DON'T OWN YET

1.     Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas - Yes, this is a little bit cheating, but I don't care! I NEEEED this book and some people do have ARCs and I DON'T AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW WAAHHH.

2.     Winter by Marissa Meyer - Okay, this is 100% cheating because I'm pretty sure ARCs have not gone out for this yet. Unfortunately this was pushed back so we could read a story about freaking Queen Levana in the beginning of the year. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for Fairest but I NEED WINTER.

3.     Far From You by Tess Sharpe - This recently made it onto my TBR list and it's probably one of those ones that I will make sure gets into my hands some time very soon. A lot of my trusted blogging pals enjoyed this a lot and that's usually all it takes for me to pick something up that I was already kind of interested in.

4.     The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini - I read A Thousand Splendid Suns last year which I thought was fantastic and have been wanting to read his other books and just haven't gotten around to it.

5.     Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - I'd originally had no interest in this one but after finding out that it isn't actually a horror novel, I became much more interested. I'll definitely be making a trip to the bookstore soon for this one.

What books do you really want to read but don't own yet? I can't wait to see all your lists!!

A.

7 comments:

  1. Well of course you want Heir of Fire and winter. I mean, duhh. Too bad Winter is pushed back until November last year. That's just torture. I have a beautiful paperback copy of Miss Peregrine's Home of Peculiar Children on my shelves but I haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! I'm starting the Throne of Glass series this weekend and cannot wait for Winter! And yes, Miss Peregrine's is not horror at all! I wished that it was but if you are more interested now then check it out, it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read The Kite Runner on a good day. Make that a very good day. It's a amazing but depressing. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children made my list too! Hooray I'm not alone! I also had Throne Of Glass, as I really want to start that series. My sister read and adored Kite Runner, it looks like a great book!

    Check
    out my TTT!


    Katrina @ Chased
    By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairest and Winter! Oh I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been eyeballin' Miss Peregrine's but I just can't get past the cover. It creeps me out, even if it isn't a horror story. maybe if I read it on my kindle it won't be so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Kite Runner is
    excellent! Also looking forward to Winter, but need to read Cress first. I am
    intrigued about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children as it
    keeps coming up - maybe I should take a closer look :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.