Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Super Cool Names

Happy Tuesday - Its been a while since I posted for TTT, I missed you all! This week's topic is:

Top Ten Nine Unique Character Names in Books

1. Hermione - When I read the Harry Potter series for the first time over a decade ago, I was at a loss as to how to pronounce her name - then in book 4, Viktor Krum gets a lesson after calling her herm-o-ninny - I think that one suits her, haha.

2. Katniss - I love plant/flower names in general, I love how creative you can be with them. I HATE when Gale calls her catnip. Its just dumb. -___-

3. Rhine (from the Chemical Garden Trilogy) - I love this name and spent a few days asking Sean, "Can we name our future daughter Rhine?" (I do this every time I see a unique name I like... he didn't like Rhine :( Boooo! )

4. Lucero-Elisa ne Riqueza de Vega (From the Girl of Fire and Thorns) - Um... just Elisa for short. Its a pretty cool name and I love the entire spanish culture that Rae Carson developed. Sean probably won't let me name our future daughter Lucero-Elisa either though.

5. Magnus Bane (Mortal Instruments) - A bad as name if there ever was one, man. It's a name that commands respect, which is fitting because he is a guy that commands respect. Love him!

6. Ridley (Beautiful Creatures) - Her actual character is kind of crazy, but its a unique name... take a wild guess if I asked Sean about this name or not :)

7. Cinder/Scarlet/Crescent Moon (Lunar Chronicles) - Love Meyer's little play on words here with each of her characters.

8. Qetsiyah (this is not from a book but from a show that came from a book, Vampire Diaries. Pronounced Ket-sia) I love it, I just hate the way its spelled. I begged Sean to let me name our future child Ketsia but he says it sounds ancient. I say, thats why I like it. Geez. I'll never win.

9. Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones) - all I have to say it that Sean said YES to this name (probably because he thinks Dani is hot, but whatever. So do I).

How about you guys? What are your favorite (or least favorite) names in books you've read?

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.