Ten Six Most Memorable Secondary Characters
This was definitely a fun list to make, though I guess picking several characters from one book doesnt quite count. Here's my list:
1. Ron/Hermione - They basically count as one person, well if I'm being fair to the list, anyway. They are the number one, hands down, best secondary characters ever.
2. Gale from The Hunger Games- I loved him. Team Gale all the way, even through the ending. I wish he'd played a bigger part rather than Peeta, but you cant have everything you want in life.
3. Neville Longbottom - I loved Neville also, and he was definitely more secondary than Ron and Hermione, but he's silly and clumsy in the first few books, but then he becomes an integral part of the story in the later books. Gotta love Neville!
4. Khal Drogo from A Game of Thrones - This may be more based on the show, because he had a lot more face time there than in the book, but the Khal is such an awesome manly and fierce character.So badass, love him!
5. Captain Carswell Thorne from Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - Really hoping Thorne plays a bigger part in the next book, which I have a sneaking suspicion he will. This guy just cracks me up and provides some serious comic relief to the series, which given everything the main characters are going through, is much needed!
6. Grover from the Percy Jackson series - Oh Grover, the friendly satyr! Another one who provide comic relief in a series where havoc is being wreaked left and right!
Secondary characters definitely can make or break a series. Harry Potter for example, I dont know if I would have loved it half as much without Ron and Hermione. Who are your favorite secondary characters!?
Cant wait to hear from you all! Leave me a link to your blogs so I can come visit you too!! :)
P.S. Dont forget, I'm having a giveaway of the first book in the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan! Enter below (U.S. entrants only, I'm sorry!). GOOD LUCK!