Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Favorite Books in a Setting

This week's topic is:

Top Ten Eight Books With X Setting...it's up to you! What did I choose?

The setting I chose was:

Alternate Universes: in other words, places that are not the world we live in now, for example: a dystopian version of earth, another planet, a made up country/world, a world that exists beside our own.. you get the point.

1. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare- their "home country", Idris - I would totally want to live there, Shadowhunter or not.

2. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson - the country or land mass in this series is not one you will find on our map but its intriguing nonetheless and I love how its a "spanish" country rather than just American or European like most YA novels are anymore.

3. The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - set in fictional Gatlin, (still in the US), the Caster world and tunnels are introduced more in the second book and are an awesomely cool way to travel across the country and sometimes the world!

4. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - not that I would wanna be living in the Eastern Commonwealth with all the crazy stuff going on but still such creative world-building on the part of Meyer

5. Across the Universe by Beth Revis - notwithstanding the fact that this is probably my favorite series of the year, if there wasnt such chaos, Godspeed might've been a freaking cool ship to live on, not to mention Centauri-Earth!

6. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - no one wants to live in Panem, but again, fascinating world, especially the Capital and the technology used to create the arenas, etc.

7. Harry Potter series - Hogwarts/wizarding world parallel to our own world. I dont think I need to elaborate on this one? :)

8. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin - (I added this one after originally posting thing cause, DUH, how could I forget it) Westeros and the surrounding lands are so amazingly fleshed out, its insane. I mean I dont know if I would want to live somewhere that there were winters that lasted years and crazy dead people trying to kill me but you cant deny the amazingness of the world Martin creates! 

What setting did you choose and what are your favorite books!?


A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.