Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Five Words/Topics That Will Make Me Pick Up or Buy a Book!
 
History - I don't know why, and I'm not like a huge history buff or anything, but I love reading stories set in the past, at least 50+ years ago. Its fascinating learning about how people lived before cell phones, computers, BLOGS. I just love it.

Mythology - I LOVE Mythology, namely Greek mythology, however I am open to any of it. Rick Riordan has given me a taste of Roman, Chinese and Egyptian, and though I find I'm most knowledgeable in Greek and some Roman, I love it all.

New York - I grew up in New York and I'm especially fond of the occasional story set in Long Island (an hour outside of the city) or the frequent story set in Manhattan. Its nice to take a trip home without having to pay for gas :)

Difficult subjects - I know this sounds awful but I suppose I like having my heart ripped out and stomped on because I keep going back for more. Take Jodi Picoult for example who writes about every difficult subject known to man, and some not known to man. I cant get enough.

 
A world outside of our own - I love a book that is set in a world that's not perceived to be the real world. So not necessarily our world in the future, but an alternate world almost that exists outside of here and now. Harry Potter is the perfect example: The entire wizarding world. Yes, they exist on earth, in our world, but you know as well as I do that the wizarding world is a world all its own.

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I love books set on mythology, too, especially Greek. Books set in NY are always great. And a different view of the world is always interesting.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list!! I love Mythology also and books set in cities are also really fun.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love historical fiction as well! And the weird thing is that you don't realize how much of what you read stays with you until you go somewhere with a lot of history and know all the deets yourself! Love this list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mythology & Historical are both on my list as well! :)

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Books that take place in New York are always fun! There's so much to do and so much to see!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also am drawn toward books with heavy subjects and different worlds. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.