Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Before I came to know the [blogging] world...

I'm sorry I have been so neglectful! I didn't participate last week in TTT or FF. I mean, in my defense [and for those of you that don't know] I just got engaged last week,  so I've pretty much been obsessing over all things wedding since then. :) Anyhow..

Top nine books I read before I was a blogger:

1. The Giver by Lois Lowry : This is probably one of the oldest books I can remember actually reading and enjoying.

2. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson : Another one of those books I remember reading back in the 5th or 6th grade that just never seem to leave me.

3. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt : The last on this list that spawns from 6th grade classroom reads, I've read this several times and I am obsessed with the movie. OBSESSED.

4. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult : Want a story that will rip your heart out? Yeah me either, but I still loved this book and it caused me to go out and buy/read almost all of Picoult's other novels which subsequently ripped my heart out.

5. Three Sisters' Island trilogy by Nora Roberts : I've read many many books by Nora, but these were the first, before I ever knew book blogging existed. Now I am a Nora-lover and gladly review any I happen to pick up.

6. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant : This is actually a biblical story told from the women's point of view. Sound boring? No way - it was fantastic. You don't need to be religious to read this or anything. If you are into history, I would definitely recommend it. Its so cool!

7. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger : Another book that ripped my soul in two. Such an amazing book and surprisingly a great movie.

8. Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan : I started reading this series years ago and fell in love and still am anticipating the next in the series, I cant wait!!

9. HARRY POTTER : Because no TTT list is complete without HP. Lets be real, for those of us who have read it [which should be everyone!!!] it's probably one of the best [if not THE best] books we have read ever, let alone before blogging. But I am glad I got to read this one before blogging because I got to really enjoy it for what it was first before feeling the pressure of needing to analyze and remember things for a review.

What are your favorite books you read before becoming a blogger?

A.

13 comments:

  1. Awwww, Tuck Everlasting is such a cute one with a total twinge of sadness! Such a good list this week!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on your engagement!! How exciting! I remember reading the giver when I was in like 8th grade and I appreciated it because it was a very different read, the whole entire plot of it made me sad because I'd NEVER want to live in where everything is "perfect", but at least it makes you think. Tuck Everlasting was my favorite book growing up (I didn't like reading, so by "favorite" I mean it was the only book I didn't mind reading lol) and I still enjoy it to this day :)
    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Harry Potter. Percy Jackson is really good too! I want to read the Giver too!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Time Traveler's Wife and Harry Potter also made it on to my TTT this week. My list would not be complete without the latter for sure!
    I've also been interested in reading The Bridge To Terabithia but never got round to it... One day eh.
    Nothing but well wishes for your engagement and wedding :-)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. HP is the best! :)

    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-4-top-ten-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. HARRY POTTER YESYESYES!! And I completely agree with your statements regarding Jodi Picoult's books! Love her books..but oh man, such heart ripage. Congrats on your engagement :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, I think I've included HP on every single TTT list I've done! I also love Jodi Picoult. Oh, and congrats on your engagement -- that's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harry Potter: check. Percy Jackson: check. And I've been meaning to read The Giver and Tuck Everlasting. One of these days!

    Also, congratulations on your engagement!

    Here's my top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read Percy Jackson before I started blogging as well. I can't wait for the next installment either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read most of those books. The Giver is my all time fav childhood book. I cried buckets over Time Traveler's Wife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same and Same! I was a blubbering mess during the book and then the movie, ugh.

      Delete

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.