Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Red Hot Romances

Just in time for Valentine's Day, The Broke and the Bookish is hosting their weekly feature, Top Ten Tuesday, and this week's topic is: Top Ten Favorite Romances

I love this because it is right up my alley. Now-a-days I'm much more diverse but I used to ONLY read romance novels. My Top Ten came very easily to me this week. Keep in mind I am very big on series so some of these may be a list of a series, which means I loved ALL of the books (its kind of like cheating on the "top ten" aspect of this whole thing haha):


     10.     The Virgin River Series by Robyn Carr: There are about 20 books in this series (not an exaggeration) and I loved especially the first 6. I wont lie - I stopped around book 12 or so, but they are all so wonderful.

      9.     The Grace Valley Series also by Robyn Carr: I was introduced to these books AFTER I read the first few of the Virgin River Series and there are only three books in this series, but I adored all three.

      8.     The Madaris Family Series by Brenda Jackson: If any of you read my last week's "Top Ten Memories" post, you'll know that Brenda Jackson is the author that got me back into reading a few years ago. This one has about 15 books in the series, and again, no lie, I probably only read the first five, but they were great nonetheless.

      7.     The Invincible Women Series by Francis Ray: Oh my goodness, I have to say that unless you are a strong-minded person, maybe you dont want to read these books. They are amazing, but they openly address many issues such as abuse/rape, adultery, sexuality, etc. I loved these books and I actually did read all of the books in the series.

 

      6.     Topaz by Beverly Jenkins: I am not entirely sure if this is part of a series - it may be, for all I know (which is sad because I love Bev J. and have read many of her novels), but this book stood out for me as a historical romance and I loved it!

      5.     The Black Ops Series by Cindy Gerard: This is actually a spin-off from one of Gerard's previous series. I didnt love the series before this one, but I am obsessed with The Black Ops Series! Its action-packed and thrilling but exactly the right amount of romance to keep me swooning!

(I'm sorry but my top four are Nora Roberts novels/series)

      4.     The Three Sisters Island Series by Nora Roberts: First let me say that Nora Roberts is my hero and no one will ever surpass her in romance writing for me. These are the first Nora Roberts books I ever read and I fell in love instantly! I like a lot of her works better than these but since they were my first, I have to list them.


      3.     The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts: This series is a supernatural one which is unlike many of the books Nora writes (usually her books have ghosts but nothing special). This one sports a witch, a time traveler and a vampire as some of the main characters. The first book in this series is very slow, and it took me a few months to pick up the next one, but when I finally did, I was blown away. I actually reread the last few chapters of the third book SEVERAL times because I was so in love with it. Now that I think about it, I think I need to read them again.

      2.     The Chesapeake Bay Series by Nora Roberts: This one has four books in the series and this is another one that I adored, especially when book four came out much later with the story of Seth, who was just a child in the first three books.

      1. and last but not least: The Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy by Nora Roberts: This is probably one of my favorite series ever, not just romance series. Its set in Ireland, which makes me love it already, but its got faeries and a lovely historical backstory. This is the series that made it imperative for me to visit Ireland before I die. It is a must!

I loveeee romances, though I dont read that many any more. Have you read any of the ones I've read? What did you think of them?

Cant wait to see everyone else's list.

Happy reading :)

A.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the title of your blog! It looks like we have a lot of bookish tastes in common, so I'll be following your blog. (Through Blogger; I'm not on Google+.)

    I'm going to have to check some of these romances out, especially the Nora Roberts books since you praise them so highly. I've read some of her romantic suspense/thrillers, and liked them (although in one or two the crazy serial killer thing was a bit too creepy.) But for some reason, I've never read any of her straight romances. Looks like I should give them a try! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I usually read more of her comtemporary or paranormal romance, and try to stay away from the suspense/thrillers. Her detail and killer's POV tend to get to me.

      Thanks for visiting!! :)

      Delete
  2. I not familiar with any of these. I've heard Nora Roberts is good and I've wanted to try her out. I'm just not sure if she's too graphic in her stories. I don't like graphic sex. Do you think I'd enjoy her knowing that about me?

    My Top Ten Tuesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, I dont like graphic sex either (don't read anything by Lora Leigh - its so raunchy - ick!) and I've always loved Nora Roberts. Nora is very predictable in her writing and she usually has ONE sex scene in which she describes a little more in a very subtle, non-disturbing way. All other love scenes in the book after that are usually alluded to which I like because honestly, sex scenes in books tend to get a little boring. If you ever end up reading anything by her, I'd love to hear what you think!

      Delete

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.