I love this because it is right up my alley. Now-a-days I'm much more diverse but I used to ONLY read romance novels. My Top Ten came very easily to me this week. Keep in mind I am very big on series so some of these may be a list of a series, which means I loved ALL of the books (its kind of like cheating on the "top ten" aspect of this whole thing haha):
10. The Virgin River Series by Robyn Carr: There are about 20 books in this series (not an exaggeration) and I loved especially the first 6. I wont lie - I stopped around book 12 or so, but they are all so wonderful.
9. The Grace Valley Series also by Robyn Carr: I was introduced to these books AFTER I read the first few of the Virgin River Series and there are only three books in this series, but I adored all three.
8. The Madaris Family Series by Brenda Jackson: If any of you read my last week's "Top Ten Memories" post, you'll know that Brenda Jackson is the author that got me back into reading a few years ago. This one has about 15 books in the series, and again, no lie, I probably only read the first five, but they were great nonetheless.
7. The Invincible Women Series by Francis Ray: Oh my goodness, I have to say that unless you are a strong-minded person, maybe you dont want to read these books. They are amazing, but they openly address many issues such as abuse/rape, adultery, sexuality, etc. I loved these books and I actually did read all of the books in the series.
6. Topaz by Beverly Jenkins: I am not entirely sure if this is part of a series - it may be, for all I know (which is sad because I love Bev J. and have read many of her novels), but this book stood out for me as a historical romance and I loved it!
5. The Black Ops Series by Cindy Gerard: This is actually a spin-off from one of Gerard's previous series. I didnt love the series before this one, but I am obsessed with The Black Ops Series! Its action-packed and thrilling but exactly the right amount of romance to keep me swooning!
(I'm sorry but my top four are Nora Roberts novels/series)
4. The Three Sisters Island Series by Nora Roberts: First let me say that Nora Roberts is my hero and no one will ever surpass her in romance writing for me. These are the first Nora Roberts books I ever read and I fell in love instantly! I like a lot of her works better than these but since they were my first, I have to list them.
3. The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts: This series is a supernatural one which is unlike many of the books Nora writes (usually her books have ghosts but nothing special). This one sports a witch, a time traveler and a vampire as some of the main characters. The first book in this series is very slow, and it took me a few months to pick up the next one, but when I finally did, I was blown away. I actually reread the last few chapters of the third book SEVERAL times because I was so in love with it. Now that I think about it, I think I need to read them again.
2. The Chesapeake Bay Series by Nora Roberts: This one has four books in the series and this is another one that I adored, especially when book four came out much later with the story of Seth, who was just a child in the first three books.
1. and last but not least: The Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy by Nora Roberts: This is probably one of my favorite series ever, not just romance series. Its set in Ireland, which makes me love it already, but its got faeries and a lovely historical backstory. This is the series that made it imperative for me to visit Ireland before I die. It is a must!
I loveeee romances, though I dont read that many any more. Have you read any of the ones I've read? What did you think of them?
Cant wait to see everyone else's list.
Happy reading :)