Its Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's top ten list is your top ten favorite characters from a particular genre.
I decided to stick with an extremely broad genre so that I may include all my favorite books (I'm such a cheater lol): Young adult fiction (some on the list might actually be considered middle grade, but I dont care! They are young adults too, haha)
6. Clary Fray from The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. I like Clary for the most part. She was stubborn and kind of weak, which isnt my thing, but she doesnt take no for an answer! - most of the time. I feel bad for her in the first few books....and the last few. Boy she's really got it rough, huh? She doesnt give up though. She knows what she wants and she's going to have it.
5. Jacob from The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. Okay, I'm not saying I love Twilight. Like many others, I've since fallen off of the Twilight band wagon, but you cant regret something you once enjoyed. I mean the books arent bad. Meyer isnt a bad writer. I actually loved her sci-fi novel, The Host. Bella sucked, and Edward sort of sucked too. But the books were good. And in Breaking Dawn when Jacob got to narrate part of the book, I fell in love. I didnt like him in the first three books at all. Then BD came along and here we are: Team Jacob!
4. Katniss and Gale from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I've heard people complain about them too, but considering the world they lived in, I think they werent half bad. Frankly, Katniss is BAD ASS and Gale - movie AND book Gale is HOT.
3. Percy from The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan. I've heard that a lot of people don't like Percy because he's annoying, immature, etc. but I kind of love him. He's hysterical for starters. But he loves his friends and family, and though he does stupid things - often - he always manages to come through in the end!
2. Jonas from The Giver by Lois Lowry. I liked Jonas a lot, mostly because of the bravery he shows at the end of the book. The Giver is one of my favorite books, period, so its not just Jonas that I love. Its the whole book!
1. Obviously, my very favorite character from my very favorite book(s): Hermione Granger from The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. How can you not love her? She's so intelligent and hungry for knowledge. She loves her friends but she knows how to stand up for herself, too.
What characters made your lists?