Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Spring (TBR) Cleaning!



This Spring, I have big plans for my TBR! There is one new release and one eARC that I must make time for but I'm really going to focus on reading things I already own. The top ten books (or series) I am planning on powering through this spring are:

1. The Here and Now by Ann Brashares: The only eARC I have on my Spring TBR! I am so excited to read this book starting next week! I recently read Brashares' Traveling Pants series in its entirety at the end of last year and am definitely a fan, so I'm excited to read a dystopian novel by her.

2. Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts: The first of the new releases on my Spring TBR - it's actually coming out next Tuesday. I read Dark Witch when it first came out last year and really enjoyed it! My boss and I are reading these together as they come out and we both are super excited for this one!

3. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa: One of my good pals Amber gave me the first three books in this series (because she's amazing) and I have been eager to finally start reading them. I wasn't planning on getting to them until the summer but I just don't think I can wait any longer, so I'm starting them in April instead.

 


4. Red Rising by Pierce Brown: A newer release that I purchased almost as soon as it came out. The reviews for it are fantastic and I can't wait to pick it up!

5. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black: Picked this one up on  a whim a while ago and haven't gotten around to it. Looking forward to a fresh take on the vampire thing.

6. A Classic: I know that is incredibly vague, but I don't know what classic I am going to read - just that I am going to read one. I actually am going to ask the blogging community for some suggestions and help in picking one, so if you have a minute, feel free to suggest one for me! I'd be so grateful for your opinions.

7. The Testing series by Joelle Charbonneau: I have the first two books in the series and the final book comes out right at the end of Spring, so my plan is to read the first two leading up to the release of the final one in June. The best part is - my fiance bought me this book for some gift-giving holiday (I think Valentine's Day) and he purchased the audio book for himself and we're going to read it together. This is great because he only recently started reading for pleasure and I finally feel accomplished as a blogger in getting someone "into reading".

  


8. The Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo: I also own the first two books in this series and my plan with these is same as my plan with the Testing. I am going to read the first two in the lead-up to the release of the third book at the end of Spring. This series is much anticipated for me and I can't wait to finally get into it!

9. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein: Another one that I picked up on a whim long ago and have not been able to get around to. Hoping to read Rose Under Fire right after since I'm pretty sure they are companion novels. Right...?

And last but not least...

10. Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan: I am actually in the middle of the first book, The Lost Hero, which is sadly taking me like a month to finish, but I will be making my way through the other three books in the series this Spring.

  

Okay, so which of these books have you read, or are you planning on reading any of them this Spring? Oh, and again, if any of you are feeling generous and want to suggest a classic (for someone like me who isn't really into them...), that would be great because I'm planning to read a classic this Spring.... I just don't know which one!

I'd love to see what books you're planning on reading this Spring! Leave your link below so I can pay you a visit too! :)

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.