Thursday, March 13, 2014

Review: The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

ISBN: 9781423101468
Source: Purchased (re-read)
Format: Paperback
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4
Release Date: March 6, 2008
Goodreads  |  Amazon
See my reviews for all books in this series

     SYNOPSIS:
Freshman orientation is about mastering new things, but this is ridiculous. Percy didn't expect that in his first week at school, he would have to face a squad of demon cheerleaders. And the dangers are far more than scholastic: Kronos's armies are threatening even the relative safety of Camp Half-Blood. The fourth installment of Percy Jackson and the Olympians deals out action, surprises, suspense, and gripping characters.
     REVIEW:

The Labyrinth has to be one of my favorite myths of all. I was so excited to start this book because, like Annabeth, I'm so wildly intrigued by the endless possibilities of the Labyrinth... not that I'd go exploring without some guidance though, haha. I particularly enjoyed this book because I didn't remember a lot of the smaller details, so playing the guessing game on some things was fun to experience again.

And Percabeth! So many important things happen for Percabeth in this books and I just LOVE it. Kind of mad about the little love-"square" that was going on there considering it was about a 15-year-old (my wittle Percy! He's too young!), but Percy's confusion over most things having to do with relationships was pretty cute so I can deal.

Once again, there isn't much left to say about these books. They are all fun, even a bit educational (on Greek Mythology, of course) while continually making us fall in love with Percy, Annabeth and all of Camp Half-Blood!

     RATING: Really Liked It! ★★★★ 

This is definitely my favorite so far out of the the first four in this series, though you and I both know book 5 blows everything out of the water. Have you read this far into the series yet? What did you think? Did you enjoy the Labyrinth as much as I did? Can't wait to hear from you!

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.