Friday, November 15, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday - Book to Movie Adaptations


This week's Feature and Follow (hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read (just almost met the President!)) topic is:

Q: Are there any book to movie adaptations where you think the movie is (almost) better than the book?
YES! Well maybe not better than the book. I don't think I could ever go that far, but there are a couple that come pretty damn close:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - we all know the Harry Potter movies change a lot of the intricate details which can be super annoying, but this movie is the only one I think I enjoyed more than the book because it gets all the issues and emotions across without taking 800+ pages to do so. I recently read OotP and though I loved it as I do all Harry Potter books, I wouldn't have minded it being maybe 100 pages shorter?

The Time Traveler's Wife - one of my favorite books of all time. I cried for like a week after I read that book... then I took my mom, sister and cousin to see the movie... Lets just say at least we were able to laugh after we made fools of ourselves sobbing like small children in public. (omg I literally might cry just looking at some of the movie poster.. I'm pathetic)

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - definitely not one that it better than the book, but I enjoyed it so much I wanted to see it again, and I think it brought a lot of the action to life when I was struggling to connect with Clare's writing.

oh and how about
The Vampire Diaries - I know this is a show, but as far as adaptations go, I love the show 103876827 times more than the book. I couldn't even finish the first book, but I am obsessed with the show and the spin-off show, The Originals.





How about you? Any movies you think are better than the book? Or like me, almost better? Cant wait to hear from ya!

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.