Happy Tuesday. Also, I have to toot my own horn here, but: Happy 1 year Blogoversary to me and to I Solemnly Swear Book Reviews! I really hope you all will check out my Blogoversary Giveaway wherein I am giving away a bookish purchase from The Book Depository of up to $20.00!!! (Not just one book/item, but any amount of items totaling up to $20.00) I've added the widget to the bottom of this post! The giveaway is international based on the countries The Book Depository ships to.
Back on topic here, its Tuesday - to be more specific, its the first Tuesday of the year wherein we make our New Year Bookish Goals via Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
So, here they are - My Top Ten (Bookish) Goals/Resolutions For 2014
1. Read 65 books. I read 60 in 2013, so let's see if I can beat that!
2. Finish all series that I've begun (or read all books released, if series isn't finished), except for ones that I have decided not to continue with. I have a nasty habit of starting book 1 of a series, then not getting to the next one until months later.
3. Read 2 classics. I read one last year, so I'm going to try to beat that while still going easy on myself.
4. Read 1 non-fiction book. I had a goal of 5 for last year and didn't read any. I am going to try to at least read 1 and see how it goes.
5. Never read more than one book in between series books. Another attempt to thwart that nasty habit of never finishing a series. I want to start reading them back to back, or at least with only one non-related book in between.
6. Get my physical TBR below 40 books by the end of the year and maintain it. This is to exercise self-control over my excessive book-buying habit.
7. Not to force myself to read things I don't want to read, especially in a series that I'm not interested in. More specifically, I will try the first two books in a series and if I don't like it after the first two, I will not force myself to go on.
8. "Complete" my Review Archive by reading a book by authors whose last names begin with letters I haven't listed under yet. For example, I haven't read and reviewed any books by an author with the last name beginning with the letter A. I shall rectify this.
9. Finish the A Song of Ice and Fire series. This may fall under 'Finish All Series,' but in the event that I don't accomplish that goal, I still wish to finish this particularly long and difficult series.
10. Read 25,000 pages. This is kind of a random 'lets see if I can do it' thing. I read over 22,000 last year and since my book goal this year exceeds last, I'm hoping to surpass pages as well. We shall see.
What are your goals/resolutions for this year!? Do we share any of the same goals! I can't wait to see everyone's goals, cause I'll probably see all sorts of awesome ones that will make me want to add to this list!! Happy New Year everyone!
P.S. Here's the giveaway widget for my 1-Year Blogoversary Giveaway! Help me celebrate! :)
Again, the giveaway is international based on the countries The Book Depository ships to. Giveaway ends on Monday, January 20, 2014.
a Rafflecopter giveaway