Monday, September 23, 2013

To Read or Not to Read?! THAT is the question...

I have a READING DILEMMA!!! This never happens to me. First, let me ask you this:

If you push through a book you don't like, do you go on to the next in the series, give the author another chance? Or do you forget it ever existed and move on to the next series?

I generally do finish books and series. In fact, I usually finish a book and/or series no matter what because I don't like to leave things unfinished. But I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have read the first two books in the Caster Series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness.

I sort of enjoyed the first one because it was a fresh, unique world to explore. The second book, while somewhat enjoyable, left a bad taste in my mouth for the series as a whole - I just dont get the books.

I promised myself I'd read the next two, but just thinking about picking up the next one after reading two I just didn't love... I don't know if I can do it.

I know what you're all going to tell me: just don't read them. I know. Reading shouldn't be about forcing yourself to read anything, but just me as a person, I hate leaving things unfinished. It gives me anxiety :)

So instead of telling me what I should do from an objective POV, tell me what you would do if you'd already invested yourself halfway through a series that just rubbed you the wrong way?

HELP!

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.