Thursday, July 17, 2014

Review: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

ISBN: 9780062072047
Source: Purchased
Format: Paperback
Series: Under the Never Sky #1
Released: December, 2011
Goodreads  |  B&N

     SUMMARY
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.
Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.
If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.
REVIEW

I went into Under the Never Sky with one hell of a bookish chip on my shoulder. I was in the worst reading slump I'd been in in a long time and had recently DNF'd several different things that I just couldn't get into. I'd also had UNS on my shelf for a crazy long time so I figured it was about time to pick it up. I had no desire to read anything in particular so why the hell not, right?

I was so pleasantly surprised by UNS. It is so unique compared to other dystopians I'd been reading. UNS is fresh, it's different and I wanted to know so much more about the worlds of the book (especially the realms, which I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see more of). The sci-fi element of the book was the most interesting aspect and was what kept me glued to it.

The writing was great and though the world(s)-building as a whole lacked some of what I was hoping for, it left me intrigued and wanting more. The romance was also pretty well done, no real insta-love which is the bane of the existence of the YA world. Aria and Perry literally gave me chills. I absolutely adored them and I was rooting for them from the first page!

I enjoyed UNS a lot and I was pretty lucky to have Through the Ever Night on hand so I could start it immediately after. Great book and it definitely helped me begin the slow ascent out of my reading slump.

RATING: ★★★★ 1/2 - Loved it!

I enjoyed UNS so much! It was a fresh, unique take on the dystopian novels that are flooding the YA scene. The romance was beautiful and touching and I couldn't wait to get to the next book in the series once I was finished with this one.

Have any of you read Under the Never Sky? What did you think? Did you like it more or less than some of the other popular dystopian novels out there?

Let's talk books!

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers! Make sure you leave a link to your blog and let me know if you're following, and I'll pay you a visit and follow back! :)

A.